Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Forum Crawling

I have found myself these last few days really looking at a ton of forums. My mother and aunt have even tried to get me to post on one of theirs which has some very hotly contested topics. My problem with all of this is that as much as I like to debate there are some people on these forums that really just need a serious spanking(insert violent beating here for the rated r version). With the recent elections I have seen things like "it's the first time I slept in 8 years or I can now fly my flag outside(apparently I misunderstood the meaning as I always thought it supported the troops but this lady said I was wrong that it meant support of the President... yeah right) and the list goes on and on. Issues such as abortion get debated by the ill informed on both sides, yet when someone comes in with a somewhat intelligent discourse they are called every name in the book as if they were the cause of the lack of education to date in that particular posters life. I have actually had my life threatened for presenting an opinion that made them look foolish, and all I said was if the pro abortion people could just settle on a set time that life begins then we could debate but if they continue to be all over the pregnancy timeline we will continue to call them out for not really knowing any facts concerning the conception of life. No I don't think sperm or egg is alive in the sentient sense, which seems to always be their retort. Anyway life threatened as if he/she knew who I was. I suppose I will post eventually on that forum too though if for no other reason than to have a good reason for always watching over my shoulder lol

0 comments: