Monday, July 20, 2009

Don't Be Discouraged

This little story came to me in an email this morning and as I read it I thought of several people who might need to know they have not even received their bat yet. So many times we let Satan beat us down before we even step up to the plate, we let him talk so much smack to us that we just turn around and walk out of the park never realizing God has the game in his hands. Revelations 21:3,4.

On my way home one day, I stopped to watch a Little League baseball game. As I sat down behind the bench on the first base line, I asked one of the boys what the score was. "We're behind 14 to nothing," he answered with a smile. "Really," I said. "I have to say you don't look very discouraged." "Discouraged?" the boy asked with a puzzled look on his face. "Why should we be discouraged? We haven't been up to bat yet."

0 comments: