Sunday, December 14, 2008

God's Protection

OK its 2am and here I am wide awake and blogging, yes I said 2am. I have told you before how we have felt that Satan has been attacking our family personally ever since we publicly declared that we were going into a full time pastorate, well tonight we believe that another of those attacks may have been thwarted by God.
My wife's mother has been in the hospital and Christina really wanted to go down and see her, however with all of our schedules with school(both ours and Ainsley) it was really difficult to see how she could get down there. We hatched a plan for her to leave after Sunday night church service, drive to Huntsville and stay with a friend of ours, then see her mom on Monday leaving around lunch to get back here in time to see Ainsley cheer for the first time in a real game(more on that in a different post I'm sure..if not mine read Chrissy's lol). I took the dog outside for a walk and the thought came to me that I would never see her again, within seconds all the details flashed before me sending chills up my spine. I shrugged it off as just a bad thought associated with just normal fears. I came back in the house and she had half way decided there was no way she could do the trip so the whole thought just left me. Later that evening she mentioned still going and this time we were considering her taking Renah so that Renah would have a special trip with mommy. Once again I took the dog out and I was hit with the same thought, only this time Renah was gone too. I don't know why but I didn't tell Chrissy any of this but I said a prayer for God to protect them and went on with our daily plans. Fast forward a bit and we were laying in bed, neither of us seemed able to sleep so I rolled over to her and asked her what was on her mind. Without even skipping a beat she said "That if she went to Huntsville she wouldn't come back" Like a ton of bricks it all came back to me so I questioned her further as to what she meant. She had a thought that someone was going to hurt her and she wasn't going to come back alive. I then told her what I had thought earlier to which she replied I had just prayed to God for a sign right before you asked me what was on my mind and I really feel this is it. i don't know how to tell you what I felt in those next few moments, I don't even know that you would understand. Many people will try to tell me that its just coincidence but I'm telling you that it was a warning from God for her not to go which just further proves to us that God has a calling on our lives. She almost went last Sunday morning but the car had messed up the night before. Everything we have tried over the last week to get her down there has failed, this time it wouldn't have but my partner would not have come back! I know full well what just happened and it is miraculous divine intervention in my opinion. I don't know what else it could be but God. If you read my blog at all then you know we have had a rough couple of months please pray God's continued protection over my family.

0 comments: