Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Resolutions

I don't think I have ever sat down and actually decided on New Years resolutions but this being the year of change I thought it would be cool to do so. These are rough, I am going to type them as I can think of them, honestly a lot of them have been on my mind for a while it just seems a good time to start. These are in no certain order!

1. As a family I want us to read through the Bible completely by next year, I think Chrissy and I have both down it separately but I know we have never done this as a family.

2. I want to run a half marathon in a decent time, decent being above average but maybe not top ten lol.

3. I want to take an APFT and score above 80% in all events.

4. I want to, by the time 2010 rolls around, spend at least an hour a day with God.

5. I would like to lead at least 12 people to Christ, I say 12 because that is one per month but to be honest I would love to be able to do a lot more; its my goal though.

6. I'm sure its obvious without mentioning, however just for the record I want to lose 93 lbs this year, 50 by my August graduation.

7. I want to grow closer to my wife this year, to get to know her better, spiritually connected stronger than ever before.

8. I want to actually have a set aside night with the family, with the kids so young we've never really had to have that but as they are growing I want to set it aside now to establish a habit so that when they are older its ingrained and we won't lose them like I've seen in so many families.

9. I would like to go green lol, more so in the organic foods and such, we have even discussed some sort of coop. This also covers all around just eating healthier.

10. I want to learn Golf, I've never even picked up a club before(except for putt-putt) but I want to learn it.

11. I want to learn a new recipe per week, I may even make that a weekly food blog about our experiences with it.

12. I want to have a decent savings at years end, I don't know any amount so I'll have to add that later based on our analysis of the finances.

So thats my 12 (yes one for each month of the Year)

0 comments: